Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gingerbread gift card holder

Good Morning,

I CASE this adorable gingerbread gift card holder from Patti at Creations by Patti.  Thank you Patti for the tutorial. Check out her step by step tutorial here.
View from the top.

 
I made a couple for the girls.
 

And a couple for the boys.
 
 I changed the roof measurement a little bit.  I combined the back roof and  the first layer of the front roof into one piece.   Don't know what I was talking about?  Here it is:  Patti had 4 pieces for the roof.
The back roof 1 1/4 x 4 1/4.
The first layer of front roof 7/8 x 4 3/4
Second layer of front roof 1 1/4 x 4 3/4
The bottom layer of front roof 1 3/4 x 4 3/4

I combined the back roof and the first layer of front roof into 2 1/4 x 4 3/4.  The other two pieces are the same.  I only had three pieces  to work with.  I like working with less pieces.
 Here is the view from the top.

 

 See the nice round heart shape.  The heart shape that I own was a bit too big for the gingerbread men/boy/girl. It's a little wired to call this adorable gingerbread as "man".  So I am going to call them gingerbread boy and gingerbread girl.  Let's get back to the heart shape.  The heart punch that I own was a little big.   Just then a light bulb went up and I got this nice round heart shape perfect for the small tag punch.  I don't own that tag punch either.  You can figure out how to make the tag punch.  I am going to just show you how to make the heart shape.

 
Here is how I made it.  Punch out any round five petals flower and cut out two petals. It was that simple and  there you have it.  A nice round heart.



Thank you for checking me out.  Hope you'll stop by again.

Helen                                                                                                                                                   

1 comment:

JustNeedling said...

These are cute gift card holder! Love the gingerbread boy and girl made from punches! Great idea!