Monday, October 5, 2009

Brief Case tutorial

Hello,
I had promised the brief case tutorial.

Here it is:

For the box.

1. 7 x 8 card stock

Scare at 1" and 2" all around. Cut off the three corners.

So you'll get this.
Apply adhesive of you choice. I used Tacky Glue. For the 4 small squares, apply adhesive the opposite of the bigger ones (on the back). See pictures.


Assemble the box so you'll get this. Set a side. Please ignore my alphabet set.  I couldn't see the inside of the box when I took the picture so I grab something near my hand and placed it in the box.
The band: Cut 4 1/4 x 9
Score at 3", 4 1/16", 7 1/8" and 8 3/16".
Apply Versa mark to the two big sections. Then generously sprinkle clear embossing powder all over the Versa mark area. Next take your bone folder and draw random lines on the clear embossing powder then heat emboss it.  I learned this technique from here.
So you'll get this.
The handle: cut 3/4 x 5 1/4
Score at 3/4", 1 3/4", 3 3/4, and 4 3/4.  Then fold it like this.

Glue the handle on one of the 1" sections. Like this. Sorry for the change of color. I missed a few shots while making the black one.
Apply glue to the end of the band and seal the band close.
Punch out a round tap punch and glue it under the handle. Use half of the circle Velcro for the front of the brief case.
Like this.

Slide the box through the side and you are done! Cute isn't it? I used the scrap and made a tag to go with the box so there is space for a little note. I know I am very thoughtful sometime. :)
Aren't they cute. Thanks for stopping by again.  Have fun making these.


Hug
Helen

5 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is so cute! I have to make one!

Barbara Diane

Princess said...

Goodness! You are a 3D stamping machine! The cakes are OUTSTANDING. The briefcase is sooo adorable. I'm gonna have to stop looking at your site...cause my head is starting to spin!

MariLynn said...

These are so pretty. I love the blue briefcase.

Noreen said...

I love all your clever box designs... they will make great gift boxes.

eva said...

These are so pretty